This is the website privacy notice for Mana Whaikaha.
It lets you know how we collect, use, and share your personal information to meet the requirements with the Privacy Act 2020 and Health Information Privacy Code 2020.
Collection of Information
You can browse and access information contained within this website without providing personal information. When we do collect your personal information when providing our services, we are committed to making sure your privacy is protected.
When you deal with Mana Whaikaha directly, we collect your personal and health information to:
- contact you
- identify you
- check your eligibility for disability support funding
- get to know you and understand the things that are important to you
- work out how to help you
- make sure we do the things we have agreed to help you with
We collect this information about you from:
- you, when you provide information about yourself to us
- third parties authorised by you such as a family/whanau member or friend, a power of attorney or welfare guardian, or a health service provider
We collect this information in many ways, including ways that you may prefer to communicate. This can include text messages, in NZSL, video clips, stories and photographs.
There is certain information we need from you to be able to provide a service. You can choose not to provide this information, but it may mean you miss out on getting the help you need. Some of this information is voluntary. We will let you know the difference between the information we need and voluntary information.
When you contact us
Where you voluntarily provide personal information to us (e.g., through emailing us) we will only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us. This information will be held by us.
Using your information
Mana Whaikaha uses your personal and health information to:
- communicate with you regularly
- check your eligibility for disability support funding through Mana Whaikaha
- helping you identify your goals and aspirations
- helping you identify the supports you need to meet your goals and aspirations
- supporting you to manage your personal budget
- reviewing your personal budget to ensure it is fit-for-purpose
- respond to your queries and feedback
Sharing your information
Mana Whaikaha sometimes needs to share your information with people or organisations outside of Mana Whaikaha. This will primarily be with health or disability providers.
When we do this, we will always abide by the Privacy Act 2020 and Health Information Privacy Code 2020. This means that we will only share your information when:
- our reason for sharing matches the reason we collected it
- we have a specific legal reason
- you give us permission to share it
Security of your information
Mana Whaikaha is committed to keeping your information secure. We know that health information needs special protections, and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure it is safe and secure.
We have systems and safeguards in place to control how we collect, manage and use your information. Our systems are secure and only people that need to use your personal information will have access to it. This includes when we store your information electronically in cloud computing systems.
Managing your information
Accessing your information
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal and health information held by Mana Whaikaha.
You can do this by contacting the Ministry of Disabled People, Whaikaha at: email@example.com or by contacting your Connector/Kaitūhono at Mana Whaikaha.
You can request your information under the Privacy Act 2020 and the Health Information Privacy Code 2020. We will follow the processes outlined in the Privacy Act 2020 to manage and respond to your request.
Ensuring your information is accurate
We take reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate. Whenever you provide information, either directly or indirectly, we take reasonable efforts to ensure our records are updated.
You should let us know of any change in your circumstances such as moving to a new address.
Retention of your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it.
Privacy questions, feedback, or complaints
If you have a question or feedback about the information held by Mana Whaikaha or a complaint about how we have handled your information you can email the Ministry of Disabled People, Whaikaha Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. or you can:
- talk to your Connector/Kaitūhono
- call us: 0800 626 255 or 0800 MANA55 (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
- write to us: Mana Whaikaha, PO Box 4547, Manawatu Mail Centre, Palmerston North 4442
- Email us: email@example.com
The Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy complaint you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
- by phone: 0800 803 909
- through the Privacy Commissioner's website https://www.privacy.org.nz/
- by post: Officer of the Privacy Commissioner PO Box 10094 The Terrace Wellington 6143
Privacy when using this website
Mana Whaikaha collects statistical information about your visit to our website to help us improve it. This information does not identify individuals. The statistical information will only be viewable by website administrators.
Mana Whaikaha uses Google Universal Analytics to collect and analyse details about the use of our website. No effort is made to identify individual visitors.
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on the website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the website
- the referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to this website
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OSX)
- the type of web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
You may opt out of Google Analytics:
Links to other sites
The Mana Whaikaha website has links to external websites. Once you navigate to another website, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site. The fact that this website provides links to other websites does not imply that Mana Whaikaha approves or endorses any information on those other websites or any views expressed on them.